Saturday, November 14, 2009

It better get colder than this. Or as George Bush once said, "Bring it on."

I walked to the post office today. It just snowed about three inches yesterday and the temperature was hanging out in the teens with a light breeze from the north. I decided to try out my new winter kit. Cabela's has some nice gear. I happily own some sweet black overall snowpants and a real parka complete with a coyote ruff hood. Oh yeah, I felt Alaska-y. I also felt hot. I knew before leaving my home that I was probably pretty overdressed, and I was. Point being, it better get colder. I want to be able to use my new stuff and not be sweating excessively. If any of you only needed one more reason before you start doing your part to stop global warming let it be this - that I want cold weather so my new stuff isn't a complete waste money. Get those CFLs and turn them off when you are not in the room. Turn down your thermostat at night. Walk somewhere. Bike everywhere else. Give me a reason to wear my gear.

1 comment:

Soph said...

oh goodness! we will try! haha! adn grandma and granpa love hearing/reading your blogs! along with the rest of us here! (:
WE MISS YOU!