Friday, November 23, 2012

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 - Dharamsala

Picnic. 
Sunday was dedicated to a picnic put on by the staff at CCS.  We cruised to a park about a forty-five minute drive from Dharamsala.  Down a windy road, next to a river was where we staged our picnic.  The weather was beatiful.  Sun shining down, a single shade tree to keep the sun off the food, and a wide open field for a game of cricket.  My time in New Zealand prepared my little for the game.  I don't seem to be destined to fame on the cricket field, but it was enjoyable to hit and run.  I still feel like I'm playing baseball the whole time, which isn't bad for me, but I think that all the cricket lovers of the world (the Kiwis, the Indians, I'm sure the British) bristle at the thought.  Oh well.

A home run!


Great form!
After the game we sat down to a delightful meal.  I don't think I'll ever get enough Indian food.  It is just too delicious.  Following the meal the CCS team insisted on taking a photograph of our group near the river.  "Pass us your cameras," they insisted.  "We'll take group shots."  Sounded like a good idea.  Little did we all know that an all out attack was coming.  Immediately following the last pictures we were attacked from all sides and tossed into the river.  So much for friendly photo ops.  Refreshing yes.  A little frightening yes.  No matter how open minded I try to be I can't get it out of my head.  The water here is unsafe to drink.  Tap water - the water that comes into your house will make you sick.  How safe can a river possibly be?  Well, days went by and I survived. 

Swimming.

No comments: