Monday, February 28, 2011

Whoa! February is over

Months fly by - it's very impressive.  Next week is the end of third quarter.  The sun began it's rise at 9:07 this morning in the middle of second hour.  It always catches me off guard.  I need to stop and watch it.  I just like the sun so much.

It's been a strange year.  Weather - bizarre.  It rained snow last week.  Then it dropped thirty degrees during the day.  We've had two snow days - of those one was needed, the other changed it's mind and was kind of a free day.  Of course those days will need to be made up so good bye vacation days in March.  Mehh.  It's not like I had plans.

I actually don't have plans of leaving the village until May.  This could mark the longest stretch of time I have been in one place ever in my entire life.  I mean I rarely travel more than a mile from my house.  Maybe to the post office.  Maybe on a jog.  But definitely not much more than that.  Just try and imagine that for a second - not leaving a circle one mile in diameter for four months.  It's weird.

But come May I will be leaving.  Will I be returning?  That is a question I am toying with.  I like it here.  I like my students and the school and my coworkers are so great.  But I am so far away from everything else.  What to do?  Any input would be appreciated.

Oh yeah.  And my hair is getting long.


 

No comments: