Sunday, March 6, 2011

A collection of things I think.

A collection of things I think.
A collection of things, I think.

This year has been pretty awesome.  Lots of the things are Tununak specific.  I guess you had to be here.  But many other things you may like.

Here are the somethings for everyone.

I have just realized that two of my favorite things differ by a single vowel.  Biking and baking.  here is a picture of me doing both (okay...I'm not actually baking in the photograph.  That is the steak for the Philly cheese steaks I made - the buns were baked).


IMG_0956
 FYI -A fast bike does not speed up cooking

IMG_0958
Seriously - one of the best things I have baked.

Okay, next thing.
This American Life is fantastic.  Produced by Chicago Public Media and aired on NPR stations around the country, it tells some of the most excellent stories about people.

 My favorite opening line from a recent episode (#419 Petty Tyrant) - "Of course there are tyrannical, manipulative bullies everywhere, but Steve Raucci was special, a virtuoso." 

So good.  So insane.

What else?

Oh, I climbed a mountain yesterday.  Terrifying.  Icy.  Windy.  Sunny.  Beautiful.  Steep.  Tiring.  Wonderful use of a Saturday afternoon.

IMG_0964
Bering Sea.  March 5, 2011.

No comments: